Well, last weekend was the Wyoming State Democratic Party meeting, but was more of an unofficial one. For whatever reason they have an official bi-annual meeing during non-election years. Seems inneffective on two fronts. Anyway, I'll be working on the Young Democrat's platform, namely re-word-smithing women's reproductive rights into it. We had a bit of a debate about it, but in the end I won out - and now it's my job to get it in there.
The second half of the dinner was much more exciting. It was the Governor's Dinner, and I got to meet the Dave Freudenthal, Wyoming's current governor. He is from Thermopolis too, and I mentioned finding an old article of his when we were starting up a new school newspaper down there (The newspaper was ironically titled "The Predator" as a jab at me being Vegan). I also met Gary Trowner, the candidate running against Barbara Cubin - I hope to volunteer on his campaign. The candidate for the Senate is Dale Groutage - I actually met him a few weeks ago in the UW student union, and gave him a copy of our 44 page petition. Both he and his wife remembered my name - that being the high point of that week. Also present was Governor Vissack of Iowa, who is suspected to be running for president in 2008 (though it's just speculation). I asked him how he won over Iowa, a traditionally Republican state. He said that they used the campaign slogan "It's time to rotate the crops", which is probably the best phrase I've ever heard, and the most germane considering Wyoming's current layout. Anyway, the dinner was wonderful, it was in celebration of Ann Robinson's victory in abolishing the food tax for Wyoming citizens for the next two years. All and all the past budget session was an overwhelming success for the Democratic party, despite being a minority in representation.
However, after that night and the last brush of tests (9 in a month!), I've been doing very little other than reading, pacing, working in the arch lab (which is where I'm writing now...or then), and finishing up an invertebrate database for WYNDD. I also half-heartedly started an English-Greek dictionary - it's easy to do while watching movies. I've put in about 750 entries so far, but there are thousands upon thousands more to do.
Well, I'll probably hop off now given that there isn't much to do - I left my supplies at the apartment and the sample for the second unit won't download, so there's nothing to do. At any rate, I'll write again as infrequently as I do already.
Tiens,
ברנדון דרך

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home